Top Bar

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Love & Crafting

In the midst of our big transition, I'm not finding time to craft as much these days. Well let me take that back, I still find time to do my mini 3x4 cards for Project Life 2013 daily. However, with Valentine's Day being one of my favorite holidays after my birthday and Christmas, I just had to do something for my honey. 2013 is already starting off with a bang and with our upcoming wedding celebration in a few months, I wanted to put together a quick handmade gift for him. So, I found some "me" time while he slept to craft together a quick mini "Love" journal filled with pictures from the beginning of our journey and bits and pieces of things I've saved from our dates and fun times together. I used an awesome mini "Love Albums" from JamaicaMakes. (Btw, the packaging was so sweet, I can't wait to use the paper in my Project Life album) I then decided to use white embossing powder and spray/brushed on diluted inks from Ranger and Dylusions across some hole punched coasters. I wrote on my photos with a white uniball pen for a love letter feel and attached photos with washi tape and heart paper clips. I woke up and presented him this lovely gift before we resumed our moving and it was worth the 3 hours of sleep. Happy Valentines Day to you and yours and if you not into big crafting, a simple sticky note saying, "I love you", "You're Amazing" or "You're Cool" - will surely make them smile.

Love & Light,
Shanti















1 comment: