Top Bar

Friday, January 4, 2013

My Project Life Journey for 2013 (January Edition)

fabric, sequins, 3x4 cards from LifeLovePaper, Wood Flourishes from KaiserCraft, Amy Tangerine thickers, Dear Lizzy sticker and golden zebra paper from SEI

I am the note-taker, memory collector and one of the photographers (besides hubby to be) in our growing family and it's a must to document our lives. I've been journaling since the age of 9 (and I still have the journals to prove it) and started scrap-booking things here and there in high-school but seriously about 4 years ago. Inspired by years of journaling with a mix of inspiration from my favorite bloggers and especially Becky Higgins Project Life - I've decided to combine both passions and build creative, inspiring weekly pages of my life. The above page is my opening Project Life page for 2013 and it has three of my favorite color combinations: Gold, Pink and Kraft paper... I used a Gold Star because I'm literally shooting for the stars in 2013 and I'm planning for some amazing blessed things this year!
I used a vellum envelope to slip into one of the pockets which holds my word for the year., sealing it with a some American Crafts gold tape

Through Project Life, I am able to use this as an outlet to create mini scrapbook cards. Honestly, with work, running a business, organizing a wedding and back in school, this is such an easy way for me to get a piece of crafting in my daily life. After working with 12x12 Project Life pages in 2012, it felt overwhelming for me.  I thought to myself, why not work with smaller pages I usually create. Then I saw a blogger, Jamaica Makes create some awesome P.L. pages in a smaller format and I was instantly excited because she was creating my kind of pages. I design mini journals monthly so why not make a huge project the size I'm comfortable with. I love that Studio Calico started carrying 6x8 page protectors, then I found some by Simple Stories on Ebay and I found out that Martha Stewart designed some too that are available at Staples. This made me so ready to start creating. I prepared by collecting my page protectors last month and created a simple system (in which I will share very soon here on the blog) that allows me to work on a card daily which can include journaling, photography or even a quote. I feel no pressure at all because this is just glitter and paper I'm working with, it's not that serious.


Since I'm also a jewelry/paper goods designer and preparing for a wedding this year, Project Life allows me to utilize my pages as a place to add my inspirations from magazines, online findings, and even fabric swatches for my wedding dress. 
I've decided to share my pages weekly on my blog and you can also check out my gallery on Studio Calico

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email me at ayeshanti@gmail.com

Creatively Yours,



No comments:

Post a Comment