Top Bar

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

POP of COLOR in WINTER

Yes, I watch it's a "Brad, Brad World" on Bravo and I love when he mentions "POP of Color" because I'm a believer of adding color to everything, to my food, my journals and of course my jewelry. Now that it's winter, especially here on the east coast, it's all about chunky scarves, gloves and hats. Everything is over sized and the weather can be gloomy, so for days like this, I love to accessorize with pieces that just POP.
Here are some South African traditional beaded bracelets I wore yesterday to liven up my look! The first bracelet is actually my sister's from The Brooklyn African Street Festival circa 1990. There's that little piece of string I refuse to fix, embracing all the imperfections and wearn'tear that she once wore!
So, while we wait for spring and summer days to come, accentuate your daily style with some color and culture! Choose any color off the rainbow, combine, mix, match... it's your life, treat it like a music video you would like to watch everyday!  

Blessings,
Shanti

No comments:

Post a Comment