Top Bar

Friday, July 29, 2011

Crop Over Send Off Aye' Shanti Style...

So, since Wednesday I've been looking for last minute tickets to Barbados for Crop Over, just in time to come in for the Bathsheba All Inclusive fete... (which I doubt is happening, but a sista could dream nuh!)

So, as I prepare for a fun-filled weekend hanging with my bestie, I will be in Barbados in spirit wukkinup, playing mas, laying on the beach, and having a sip of some Mount Gay Rum!!








I was also inspired to create this Bajan Ear Candy! I added the broken trident from the center of the flag which represents the break from its colonial past... So when you wear these earrings and someone questions you about them, you can school them with some Caribbean history! Look out for some more designs with a story to tell!


Oh and some Crop Over 2011 chunes faves:
TC Feat. Peter Ram "Coming Down"
Mikey: "Pavement Anticipation"
Red Plastic Bag: "Once Upon a Whine"
Alison Hinds "Explode"
Gorg: Jack it Up

BUT ONE OF MY SWEETEST FAVORITES RIGHT NOW IS Omari Ferrari's "Handle Bumper" which sounds very similar to the popular Australian 80's favorite "Land Down Under" from Men at Work! Great twist and turn of an oldies into a true CropOver favorite!
Anywho... as I pretend I'm on the beach right now, everyone have a great weekend and my bajan framily, LIVE IT UP!

No comments:

Post a Comment